Mar 1, 2009

Focusing my PLN

Thought I would try a new font today.

A couple of quick little things, I spent some time today trying to modify the feeds to my RSS. I am thinking I need to add a few and get rid of a couple. Trouble is, much of what I subscribe to is interesting, I just need to narrow the focus for time management reasons.
I thought I would try to keep a few feeds of personal interest, as well s
ome of those related to my attempts to get current with the world of edtech (big dreams I know), and also try to find some feeds related to the previous + teaching high school science.

My blogging hopefully will not slow down now that I have completed the first module of my ongoing grad studies, and I do hope I can a) find a few science t
eachers out there and b) help them and c) get their help.

So, a couple of things to throw out there as of today:

Spent some time on the weekend playing with the 2D physics sandbox PHUN. Have not got it installed at school yet to try with Smartboard but found it to a pretty neat application although I am not sure how to apply it yet. I am looking for your ideas and/or comments.

Spent a few minutes searching for fix for a broken link on a nice bit of video analys
is lab work from UT Knoxville. They have put a number of videos (kinematics) online along with an interactive analysis feature as a way to do lab work virtually. We used it for conservation of momentum but there are many other options on offer including an index of demonstrations (useful ideas).

Finally, if you haven't already, check out the astronomy program Stellarium. It is AWESOME and FREE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment